Wednesday, February 22, 2012

1911 Corset Complete

Minus some decorative detailing, my 1911 corset is officially complete. It's a smidgeon too big (fitting helper fail), but I'm going to add a mini seam in each back piece to take out the little bit I need. As you can tell in the pictures, it's not shaping me as well as it should in the waist and hips, but that's where it is a smidgeon loose at the moment.


1911 Corset from Norah Waugh's Corsets and Crinolines
And to show the difference from my norm, here is my 1890s corset (combination of spring steel and a lot of cording).
1890s Pretty Housemaid Corset from Jill Salen's Corsets: Historical Patterns and Techniques



2 comments:

  1. The corset looks very nice! Taking out a bit of the back pieces is good way to solve the looseness. Well done!

    ReplyDelete