Wednesday, February 29, 2012

1912 Princess Slip..off to a rocky start

My group finally received our roster, so hopefully our official first pattern will be on its way shortly. :) I still have my challenge pattern to complete in the meantime - the Princess Slip.


Well, my pattern is printed out and taped together, my lace is chosen...and somewhere in my moves I misplaced my large quantites of muslin. I have scraps here and there, but not enough for a full-length slip. My mother was kind enough to order some and have it sent to me (enough for the slip and then some!), but now I'm playing the waiting game as I wait for it to show up. Le sigh...

On a small side note, I am cheating with the insertion lace - though I will one day make it properly, currently I will use my 1 inch Raschel lace - I bought a 200 yd spool of it (for only $10, mind you) and in 8 years have barely made a dent. This is the lace:


In the meantime I suppose I'll work on my 1930s overalls...I'm making them in a lovely grey linen with a white pinstripe. Hopefully little Kyo will leave the paper alone long enough for me to lay it out and cut. The pattern I'm using is the Sweetheart Overalls from Decades of Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment